The Stratford Fund is at the heart of all fundraising efforts. The Stratford Fund is an annual campaign for unrestricted gifts. Your support is vital to the school’s financial health. Your gift will help ensure that current and future students have access to the educational excellence and rich experience that defines Stratford Friends School. In 2012-13, more than $132,000 was contributed to The Stratford Fund.
Contributions to The Stratford Fund go directly into the school’s operating budget to close the gap between tuition revenue and expenses, including teacher salaries, facilities, school supplies, financial aid, technology, field trips, after school sports, and much more.
All gifts to The Stratford Fund are tax-deductible for federal income tax purposes. See Ways to Give to choose how to make your gift.
- Q. What is The Stratford Fund?
- A. The Stratford Fund is an annual fund made up of generous gifts from parents, alumni families, grandparents, the Quaker community, corporations, and other friends of the school. Last year more than 220 individuals contributed more than $132,000 to The Stratford Fund, including 100% participation from the Board of Trustees and 96% from faculty and staff, and more than 42% from current families. These gifts make an immediate impact and directly benefit every Stratford Friends’ student.
- Q. How are these gifts used?
- A. The Stratford Fund provides resources for the operating budget, which supports everything from the latest technology and hardware, to our multisensory teaching tools and classroom supplies, art and music programs, safety and security for the campus, maintenance and upkeep, financial assistance, as well as faculty salaries and compensation–every aspect of the school from the nitty-gritty to the inspiring.
- Q. Doesn’t tuition cover the cost of educating each student?
- A. Tuition does not cover the cost of educating each student. Tuition covers approximately 87% of the cost. The Stratford Fund is the primary source of funds to bridge the gap between tuition and total expenses.
- Q. How much am I expected to give?
- A. How much you give is up to you. Please consider the benefits of a Stratford Friends School education to your student and your family and give as generously as you can. This year the actual cost per student is $5,381 more per student than tuition alone. Gifts to The Stratford Fund range greatly, from $10 to $35,000. Your participation–at any level–is vital and greatly appreciated. Every dollar makes a difference, and every student benefits from your gift.
- Q. What if I can’t give now?
- A. If you are unable to give now, there are ways we can help. You can make a pledge now and defer payment until later or you can arrange to make monthly or quarterly payments, if that is more convenient for you. The Development Office would be happy to work out a plan for your gift. All pledge payments must be received by the close of the annual fund, which is June 30.
- Q. Do corporate matching gifts count?
- A. Yes! When you make a gift to Stratford Friends School, you can double or triple its impact by checking with your employer to see if they participate in a matching gift program. If they do provide matching gifts, you send your gift to us and fill out the company’s matching gift form. We are happy to help you complete any required paperwork and provide documentation of our 501(c)3 status.
- Q. What more do I need to know?
- A. A successful Annual Fund, supported by a large percentage of the Stratford Friends community, directly contributes to the experience students have at Stratford Friends School. It also demonstrates pride in the school and reflects our belief that every child deserves the opportunity to succeed. Thank you for sharing our belief. Your gift has helped a child today.