Last Update: December 2020
While the number of COVID-19 cases continues to increase in our region we encourage our students, families and teachers to continue following the guidance of Stratford Friends School’s Health and Safety Plan, Policies and Procedures.
A few key points to keep our community safe and our school open. In accordance with the Stratford’s Health and Safety plan all students shall:
- Monitor COVID symptoms daily
- Stay at home if not cleared for access per our COVID Screening App
- Develop a fever of 99.5 degrees or higher
- Have a loss of taste, congestion, cough or other COVID related symptom per the COVID Screening App
- Traveled outside of PA for a 24 hour or longer period
- If you traveled, you must quarantine for 14 days from the day you returned to PA
- Came in close contact with anyone showing symptoms of COVID-19
- Came in close contact with anyone who is COVID-19 positive
- Anyone within your household is COVID-19 positive
- Anyone within your household is waiting for a COVID-19 test result
We have done a great job so far this year with masking, but please review with your student that mask must be worn over the nose and mouth, the importance of hand washing and social distancing. These three simple things can not only keep them healthy and safe but can also help stop the spread of COVID-19 here at Stratford Friends School.
As it has been stated before, today’s message could change tomorrow. Although we continue to do a great job here on campus, there may come a time when we will need to move a team or the entire school to an all virtual model for a period of time. This strategic decision would be based on guidance of the Governor’s Office, Chester County Health Department, or our inability to safely staff a team or the school building, or if it is determined that COVID-19 transmission has occurred on campus in multiple cases.
The Stratford Friends School Community is strong and together we have and will continue to push through this challenging time.
Calendar Update: January 4th– January 8th– Virtual Instruction for ALL students
- SFS Phased School Reopening Health and Safety Plan
- SFS Policies and Procedures
- SFS Return to Campus Acknowledgement
- PA’s Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) Information
- Student Daily Schedule Sample
- Blackbaud OnCampus Parent Portal
- 2020 – 2021 Calendar
- Department of Health
- World Health Organization
- Department of Education
- Talking to Children About COVID-19
- Family Checklists for Going Back to School from the CDC
- Requirement of Universal Face Coverings
- DCIU Letter to Parents 8.14.20
- CHOP PolicyLab Quick Reference Guide for Reopening Schools
- Chester County Health Department Public & Private School Guidance